Dental implants are the permanent way to replace missing teeth, with a look and feel that is close to your natural teeth. A dental implant is a small titanium screw that is surgically placed into the bone beneath your gums and serves as the replacement for the root segment of a missing tooth. Dental implants can be used to replace teeth in either the upper or lower jaws. Due to the biocompatible properties of titanium, a dental implant fuses with the bone and becomes a good anchor for the replacement tooth. Dental implants can be used in solutions for replacing single or multiple missing teeth.
There are a number of reasons why you should consider a dental implant:
- Allow you to speak, smile and eat with confidence.
- Bone maintenance in implant area
- Are comfortable and stable
- Function, look and feel like natural teeth
- Do not need adjacent teeth for support
- No adjustment is required after placement
- May serve you for a lifetime!